Thursday 11 November 2010

Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!!

It seems to always be at the back of my mind these days - has been since the end of October I think! I'm always trying to think of ways to get crafty for Christmas - some days I have a really good idea & I think today is one of those days! Yay me lol!!
So here's my idea - at Christmas we ALWAYS end end giving a gift voucher/certificate to at least one person - this year it's about three or four as we simply couldn't come up with any ideas for presents! One thing that gets to me though when giving vouchers is that I feel bad that the person won't have anything to unwrap come Christmas day.
At first I thought 'I know! I'll make a cute voucher card/holder like this one - which is still on my wish list incidentally...(images are linked btw)
But then I saw this in Krisi's store (which I bought) and which led me to think of something else...
What if I could fill a hybrid box/bag with chocolates (candy for my U.S friends :) ) and then kind of hide the voucher inside with the choccies! Not only will the person get a lovely sweet treat so I feel like we're actually giving them a present lol, but they'll also have the nice surprise of a gift voucher inside!
Then my idea got even better! I remembered that I had these delicious brads that I got in a local craft shop in a sale...
And I think they are going to co-ordinate beautifully with Christmas Whimsy by SuzyQ Scraps...
My idea is that I could make a flap top bag/box and use these to tie some ribbon round to seal the flap - like you see on these kind of envelopes...
So I am now in search of a flap bag/box template - I shall be back to let you know how I get on!

0 comments: